How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress?
Duplicating a page in WordPress can be a time-saving technique. Especially when you want to create a new page with similar content or preserve the design and layout of an existing page. Thankfully, WordPress provides various methods and plugins to simplify the process. In this guide, we will walk you through different ways to duplicate a page in WordPress effortlessly.
Method 1: Using a Page Duplication Plugin
One of the easiest ways to duplicate a page in WordPress is by utilizing a page duplication plugin. These plugins specifically design a simple duplication functionality for pages or posts. Here’s how you can use them:
1. Install and activate a page duplication plugin:
To get started, you need to install and activate a page duplication plugin. There are several popular options available, such as “Duplicate Page,” “Duplicate Post,” and “Yoast Duplicate Post.” You can find and install these plugins from the WordPress plugin repository or directly from your WordPress dashboard by navigating to “Plugins” -> “Add New.”
2. Locate the page you want to duplicate:
Once the plugin is activated, navigate to the “Pages” section in your WordPress dashboard. Locate the page you want to duplicate.
3. Duplicate the page:
Duplicate the page: Hover over the page, and you’ll find a “Duplicate” or “Clone” option appear. Click on this option, and a copy of the page will be created with the prefix “Copy of” or a similar designation.
4. Edit the duplicated page:
Edit the duplicated page: After duplicating the page, you can now edit the duplicate according to your requirements. This includes modifying the title, content, and any other elements to suit your needs.
Method 2: Using Page Builders
If you are using a page builder plugin like Elementor, Beaver Builder, or Divi, duplicating a page is often a built-in feature. These page builders provide intuitive drag-and-drop interfaces for creating and customizing pages. Here’s how you can duplicate a page using a page builder:
1. Access the WordPress dashboard and navigate to the “Pages” section.
2. Locate the page you want to duplicate: Find the page you want to duplicate and click on the page builder’s editing option. For example, if you are using Elementor, click on “Edit with Elementor.”
3. Find the duplication option: Once the page builder interface loads, look for the duplication option. This option is typically represented by an icon or button specific to the page builder you are using.
4. Click on the duplication option, and a duplicate of the page will be generated.
5. Customize the duplicated page: You can now customize the duplicated page according to your requirements. This may involve modifying the content, rearranging elements, updating the design, or making any other necessary changes.
Method 3: Manual Duplication via Copy and Paste
If you prefer a manual approach without using plugins or page builders, you can duplicate a page using the copy and paste method. Here’s how you can manually duplicate a page:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the “Pages” section.
- Open the page you wish to duplicate for editing.
- Switch to the text editor mode: In the page editor, switch to the text editor mode by clicking on the “Text” or “HTML” tab. This mode allows you to access the underlying HTML code of the page.
- Select all the HTML code and content: Once in the text editor mode, select all the HTML code and content on the page. You can do this by pressing “Ctrl+A” (Windows) or “Command+A” (Mac) to select everything.
- Copy the selected content: After selecting the content, copy it by pressing “Ctrl+C” (Windows) or “Command+C” (Mac).
- Create a new page: Go back to the WordPress dashboard, click on “Add New” under the “Pages” section to create a new page.
- Paste the copied content: Paste the copied content from the original page by pressing “Ctrl+V” (Windows) or “Command+V” (Mac) into the text editor of the new page.
- Save the new page and make necessary modifications: Save the new page, and you can now make any necessary modifications, such as updating the title or permalink, to differentiate it from the original page.
- Switch to the text editor mode for this page once the new page is created.
Duplicating a page in WordPress offers a convenient way to streamline your website development process and maintain consistent designs. Whether you choose to utilize a plugin, leverage a page builder, or go the manual route, duplicating pages can save you valuable time and effort. Experiment with the different methods mentioned in this guide and find the approach that suits your workflow best. Enjoy duplicating your WordPress pages with ease!